This data protection information is applicable for data processed by
METAKUS Automotive GmbH (formerly: Steinhoff Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH), Fehrenberger Straße 1a, 34225 Baunatal / Germany
(Registered Office: Kleve, Registry: Amtsgericht Kleve, HRB 8691, Managing Director: Agim Ademaj)
In compliance with the requirements of the provision (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), this declaration is intended to inform our website users about the type, scope and purpose for the collection and utilization of personal data.
I. Collection and Storage of Personal Data and Type and Purpose of Usage
When visiting our website, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to our website server. This information is stored in a so-called log file temporarily.
The following information is saved without any action on your part and is saved until automatic deletion:
- Website visited
- Time of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/link from which you reached this site
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used
We process the above-named data for the following purposes:
- To guarantee a complication-free establishment of a connection by the website,
- To guarantee comfortable usage of our website,
- To evaluate the system security and stability, and
- For additional administrative purposes.
II. Disclosure of Data
Disclosure of your personal data to third parties will not take place other than for the following reasons.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- You have provided your explicit consent in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1 clause 1 of the General Data Protection Regulation,
- The disclosure is required for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1 clause 1 lit. f. of the General Data Protection Regulation, and there is no reason to assume that you have an interest in the non-disclosure to third parties that is more worthy of protection,
- There is a legal obligation to disclose the information in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1 clause 1 lit. c of the General Data Protection Regulation, as well as
- It is legally permissible and required of you for the conclusion of contractual conditions in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1 clause 1 lit. b of the General Data Protection Regulation.
First, cookies are used to make the usage of our product selection more comfortable for you. For example, we use so-called session cookies to identify whether you have already visited individual pages of our website before. They are automatically deleted after you leave our page. Moreover, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user friendliness, and these are stored on your device for a specifically determined period of time. If you visit our webpage again to utilize our services, automated recognition that you have visited us before occurs and which entries and settings you used are recalled so you do not have to re-enter them.
Data processed by the cookies is required to preserve our justified interests as well as those of third parties in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1 clause 1 lit. f of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser to prevent any cookies from being stored on your computer or to always provide a warning before a new cookie is created. Yet, the complete deactivation of cookies can result in you not being able to use all functions of our website.
The following tracking methods used by us are performed on the basis of article 6 paragraph 1 clause 1 lit. f of the General Data Protection Regulation. The tracking methods used are meant to ensure a needs-oriented design and the continuous optimization of our website. We also use the tracking methods to statistically record the usage of our website and to optimize our product selection for you. These interests are to be considered justified in terms of the previously stated regulation.
The according data processing reasons and data categories can be found under the according tracking tools.
We use Google Analytics – a web analysis service by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/ intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “Google“) – for needs-oriented design and continuous optimization of our pages. In this context, pseudonymized user profiles are created and cookies (see clause 4) are used. The information created by the cookie concerning your usage of the website, like
- Browser type/version,
- Operating system used,
- Referring URL (previously visited),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of server request,
is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the usage of the website, in order to create reports about the website activities and to provide additional services associated with website usage and internet usage for market research purposes and needs-oriented usage of these internet pages. This information is also transferred to third parties if legally required or as long as the third parties are processing the data upon order. Your IP address will not be pooled with other Google data in any case. The IP addresses are anonymized, making identification impossible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies using an according setting in the browser software. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website in their entirety in this case.
Moreover, you can prevent the collection of data created by the cookies and related to your usage of the website (including your IP address), as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative for the browser add-on, especially for browsers used on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. An opt-out cookie is set up that prevents the future collection of your data when visiting the website. The opt-out cookie is only active in this browser and only for our website; it will be stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you have to set up a new opt-out cookie.
Additional information concerning data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found on the Google Analytics help page (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
V. Rights of Persons Concerned
The user has the following rights:
- According to article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation, the user has the right to demand information about personal data of his/hers that has been processed. In particular, the user can demand information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom their data was disclosed to or will be, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right for correction, deletion, restriction, processing or appeal, the existence of a complaint right, the origin of his/her data if it was not collected by us, as well as about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, if applicable, significant information about its details;
- According to article 16 of the General Data Protection Regulation, the user can demand that incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us be corrected immediately;
- According to article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation, the user can demand the deletion of his/her personal data stored by us if processing this data is not required for exercising the right to freedom of speech and information, to fulfill a legal obligation for public interests, or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- According to article 18 of the General Data Protection Regulation, the user can demand the restriction of the processing of his/her personal data if he/she disputes the correctness of the data, the processing of the data is unlawful, the user declines its deletion, if we no longer require the data, but he/she does to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or if the user submitted an appeal against processing in accordance with article 21 of the General Data Protection Regulation;
- According to article 20 of the General Data Protection Regulation, the user has the right to demand that his/her personal data that was provided to us be provided to him/her in a structured, conventional and machine readable format, or that this data be sent to another responsible party;
- According to article 7 paragraph 3 of the General Data Protection Regulation, the user has the right to revoke his/her provided consent at any time. This means that we are no longer permitted to continue processing data in the future that was based on this consent;
- According to article 77 of the General Protection Regulation, the user must file a complaint with a supervisory authority. In general, the user can contact the supervisory authority responsible near their common residence or workplace, or that of our business premises.
VI. Right to Appeal
If your personal data is being processed on the basis of justified interests in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1 clause 1 lit. f of the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to submit an appeal against the processing of your personal data in accordance with article 21 of the General Data Protection Regulation if reasons apply that arise from your specific circumstances or if the appeal targets direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to appeal that will be put into practice by us without you having to state a specific circumstance.
If you would like to exercise your rights to revoke your consent or to appeal, it is sufficient to send an email to
VII. Data Security
We utilize suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data from incidental or intentional manipulations, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continually improved in line with technological development.
VIII. Currency and Alteration of this Data Protection Declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid as of 31 August 2018.
Due to the continued development of our website and product selections, or due to altered legal or official prerequisites, it may be necessary to change this data protection declaration. The according current data protection declaration can be viewed at any time on our website